GROVES is seeking qualified applicants for the role of Division Leader for the Industrial Controls Division. Applicant must possess a desire for achieving industry leading technical expertise and a willingness to grow with the entire Company. This position assumes the responsibility for the overall operation and success of the Industrial Controls Division with the following duties:
- Business Development for the Industrial Controls Division
- Identifying opportunities for electrical and controls solutions in the prospective industries
- Developing controls and integration solutions
- Tracking and Managing potential controls and automation projects
- Creating technical proposals for customers
- Business Management of the Industrial Controls Division
- Establish goals
- Estimating, job costing, scheduling, and planning
- Hire, develop, and mentor controls engineers, panel techs, and support
- Oversee UL panel shop
- Maintain software licenses and toolkits, certifications and Rockwell Systems Integrator status
- Desired Qualifications
- BS or AS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, related field or equivalent experience. Management/Business training a plus.
- 10+ years experience in controls engineering
- Experience with
- Focus on Allen Bradley PLC based systems. Knowledge of GE, ABB, Modicon a plus
- HMI development – Allen Bradley, Wonderware, Ignition, etc
- Process controls, conveyor controls, instrumentation.
- Variable frequency drives low and medium voltage.
- Panel design, wiring, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Ability to write and draft technical proposals
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and Autocad.
- Ability to communicate with customers and represent the Company professionally
- A positive personality and the ability to manage and coach people effectively
GROVES is one of the most diversified electrical contractors in the U.S, has been in business since 1972 and currently employs approximately 350 employees. The Industrial Controls Division provides custom products, services, and automation solutions for coal and aggregate mining, metal, aluminum, automotive, aviation, chemical, explosives and general industries. We are a KY licensed engineering firm, Rockwell Recognized Systems Integrator, a Rockwell PDP Partner for the Rockwell Medium Voltage drives business and a UL Listed panel shop.
Compensation and Benefits:
Groves offers a competitive salary. Industry leading benefits include: Full family health insurance premium paid, vacation/holidays, vehicle allowance option, and participation in the Groves Profit Sharing retirement plan. Flexible work location Henderson or Madisonville KY.