*Please be sure to complete an application on our website, www.grovesconstruction.com*
Join Our Team!
Wm E Groves Construction offers career advancement, competitive wages based on experience, and an excellent benefit package, including 100% premium paid health & life insurance, optional dental, vision & supplemental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) and a profit sharing plan!
Summary/Objective Electrical Test Technicians are expected to inspect, test, troubleshoot, and operate low, medium, and high (up to 500 kV) voltage electrical equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts various electrical tests of high voltage electrical equipment in accordance with test criteria established by policies and procedures or written test plans and maintains accurate records of test results and reports results to the development and testing group.
- De-energize and re-energize high voltage circuits.
- Utilize LOTO, high voltage indicators, and protective grounds to make a circuit safe to work on.
- Operates required machinery and equipment in a safe manner following established safety rules, maintains a neat and clean work area, follows established tool and instrument control procedures, and reports any unsafe acts or conditions to his or her immediate supervisor.
- Maintains accurate test records, inspections, and work notes for historical record.
- Reports to the supervisor about all ongoing projects with regard to project status, completion time projections and any problems that may have arisen during the course of the project.
- Technical Capacity.
- Math Proficiency.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
The employee is expected to work outside and inside in substations and power centers. Adverse weather conditions can be expected (heat/cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Overtime, weekends, and holiday work is expected.
Travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two year degree in electrical field
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two or four year degree in electrical area of study
- SEL Protective Relay Training
- Doble Training
- Class A CDL Driver’s License
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time