*Please be sure to complete an application on our website, www.grovesconstruction.com*
Join Our Team!
Wm E Groves Construction offers career advancement, competitive wages based on experience, and an excellent benefit package, including 100% premium paid health & life insurance, optional dental, vision & supplemental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) and a profit sharing plan!
Salary based on experience
Crew Leader- Engineering, Testing & Maintenance Division
Classification Responsibilities: This position and job description applies to all divisions and is primarily responsible for providing field supervision over crews involved in the installation, maintenance, and repair of underground and overhead electric distribution and transmission lines, transformers, substations, and related equipment. This position is also responsible for performing related job briefings and required safety meetings.
Distinguishing Features: Work involves moderate physical exertion, heavy lifting, and exposure to inclement weather. The hazardous conditions of working with high-voltage energized lines and equipment are a critical factor of this job. The Crew Leader is distinguished from other skilled trade classifications by having responsibility for supervising those positions and overseeing equipment, materials, and recordkeeping duties including timesheets for payroll and billing. This position receives general supervision from the Division or Team leader who reviews work through reports, meetings, and the evaluation of completed work projects. Work is subject to interstate travel, stand-by, pre-arranged, and call-out duty.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- High School diploma, GED certificate, or combination of education and experience.
- Commercial Driver’s License as required by division.
- Efficient in both written and verbal communication.
- High regard for the goals of the company and its employees.
- Thorough knowledge of work and safety protocol and practices.
- Ability to interpret customer specifications and apply in the field.
- An aptitude for leadership and the associated responsibilities.
- Willingness to accept and adopt ongoing coaching and training.
- An understanding of the commitment to quality and customer relations.
- A commitment to prompt and accurate documentation/record keeping.
- An adherence to professional standards of personal appearance, responsibility and integrity.
- A “team first” attitude, focused on coaching and leading/teaching by example.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
A Crew Leader possesses the ability to perform the following essential job duties/responsibilities allocated to them by the company, but may not apply to all areas of assignment within this classification:
- Conducts regular job briefings and safety meetings with crew as required.
- Primarily responsible for the safe and efficient direction of others in completion of electrical testing & maintenance projects such as:
- Testing substations, transformers, circuit breakers, underground lines, etc. * Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and willingness to perform any function of the line crew as required.
- Manages safety equipment, trucks, tools, timesheets, materials, etc.
- Effectively integrates company Crews to operate in concert with the customer.
- Efficiently manages accounting responsibilities such as; material and time sheets, estimations, etc.
- Implements safety protocol criteria and assists in educating/qualifying less experienced workers
- Schedules equipment/manpower requirements for different jobs.
- Makes suggestions that are beneficial to the company.
- Takes part in the decision making process to assist Groves’ management team.
The employee is expected to work outside and inside in substations and power centers. Adverse weather conditions can be expected (heat/cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Overtime, weekends, and holiday work is expected.
Travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two year degree in electrical field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
 Experience includes on-the-job training or in a similar role. Education should be a minimum acceptable to the promoting team.